Friday, May 20, 2005

Prom is tonight! yikes!

Yeah, I am pretty excited I guess. I was really pissed off though, because yesterday I began to feel the beginnings of a sore throat!!! I was like NOO!! That's the last thing I need right now!! So, I proceeded to take 2 echinacea pills yesterday as well as a vitamin C and some cold medicine. I was like "time to send in the troops!!!." Anyway, I didn't get much sleep last night on account of my throat hurting so very very much! So when I got up this morning, I drank 7, yes 7 cups of tea and took another dose of cold medicine and a vitamin C!! Needless to say, I was a little high on caffein for a while, but it helped my throat drastically and I can hardly feel it now. I was attempting to pee out the virus if I could because Aaron said he once had the beginnings of a cold and he drank a ton of tea, which must have effectively flushed out the cold. Anyway, I have been drinking cups of hot water with a little milk in them all day since I got home from school (got dismissed at 11:12 to prepare for prom). I think I have succeeded in flushing out most of my system...well, at least I have peed enough to do so :-P Yeah, I know, you think I am thoroughly weird and insane, but I DONT WANT TO BE SICK FOR PROM!!! I hardly feel my sore throat anymore though. So I am just sitting here waiting for 4:00 o clock to come. I have a hair appointment at 4:00, and I am nervous because I am so picky about how my hair looks and I'm worried that she won't fix it exactly as I want it. Well, I don't have anyone to impress so I suppose it doesn't really matter. I am going with a couple of my friends in their Limo...whoa, this will be a first! I've never even dreamed of riding in a Limo! Ummm...oh yeah, so I was looking for a sort of lacy wrap around thing to wear with my dress the other day and mom and I came upon this bolt of really pretty lace, and since I knew I wouldn't be able to find exactly what I wanted, we decided to cut a piece and use it. Don't worry, we didn't leave it with rough edges! We found this really pretty lace edging, and mom (being the expert seamstress of the world) sewed it on for me! I was really happy because I can't use the sewing machine worth crap. So, the end result is a beautiful lacy wrap that matches my dress wonderfully, all for a grand total of about $17.00! Now that's a deal considering we were going to go to the mall and look for one there, and I guarantee that if we had found one it would have been well above $25.00. I really should learn how to sew and use patterns and stuff because I should make my own clothes instead of buying the stupid, cheap store clothes that never fit right and are never exactly what I want. I bet it would be less expensive to make my own clothes in the long run than it is to go and buy a $30.00 pair of jeans or something. Yes, it's decided, I am going to learn how to sew. Muahahahah! So Sarah, you and I have got some working out to do this summer. Especially running. I suck at running! I can make a mile in about..hmm...10 minutes and 26 seconds! What the crap is that!! That's crappier than a 400 pound fat man can do it!! I suck! However, I can do a lot of pushups now, and situps are pretty easy for me too. My goal is to make a 7 minute mile, maybe even faster, and be able to keep that pace up for 2 miles. I know I can do this, I just don't know exactly how. So, my award ceremony was on Wednesday. I was presented with my ROTC scholarship and I got a medal and some other awards! I was so happy and excited that I could hardly sleep that night! Ok, enough talk for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

congratulations you little poodle brain!!! ha ha ha. So I guess that you are probably, maybe still out with your friends right now, but I hope that you had fun at prom AND BEHAVED YOURSELF! I hope that you took some pictures. Anyway, yes, we do have some working out to do for sure. I can't wait! heh heh heh. talk at you later.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home